Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bundle Up Boys - for GIRLS!?!?!?!?

As you all know, I've been busy getting my Aviator Pants pattern out for the Bundle Up Boy Collection.  Since I have 2 boys, I LOVE that I am getting to make all these cute things for my boys to head off to school in next week.  But that leaves a very sad miss (not that she doesn't get enough sewing on a regular basis).
So often what I sew for my daughter is a dress, or semi frilly tunic top, or a skirt that I then have to make matching bloomers to go with.  I try to make her clothes that she can play in, and that are practical.... but I keep getting sucked in by gorgeous patterns and photography, and she ends up with outfits that she only wear a couple times before she outgrows.
It hit me as I was organizing the sample team to review and sew up the collection, that really every single on of these patterns works for girls.  And aside from fitted leggings, these patterns cover every element of clothing that my daughter wears on a daily basis in fall and winter.
Don't believe me..... take a look:



So far for Mack, I have made 2 Tee's Tees, 2 Shawl Collar Pullovers, and the Aviator Pants.  I have plans for many more.... and EPIC white pleather P51 flier is on my list (then she can match mama's pleather cropped jacket from Skirt Fixation)

Zee's Tee


A simple addition of a back placket and button gives more 'girl' appeal (it also fixes you mistake when you cut your neck band the wrong way on stretch too late at night - not that I would know ;op)


two upcycled shirts, and you instantly have Elsa, and a girl who won't stop singing "let it GOOOOOOO"



Shawl Collar

Stars and Stripes ;o)

Both stars fabrics are from L'Oiseau

I switched the tabs out for bows for a little extra flair

So what are you waiting for...

1 comment:

  1. Such great clothes. They grow so fast at that age. When my youngest--NOW 33 yrs old--was your model's age I took a cue from Garanimals--I think WalMart carries some of their stuff. Every one of her shirts matched every pair of pants. And I was lucky that all she did for several years was just grow upward.

    ReplyDelete