Monday, November 19, 2012

Itty Bitty Booties...


Maybe I am the only one, but I am having a hard time with shoes on baby girl.  She is at that starting to crawl stage where she just wants to kick everything off.  She arches her feet so much that I can't put anything with a hard sole on her.  And even though I have some cute dressy shoes for her, they aren't practical for the cold months blowing in.  With the boys, I just had them wear socks all last winter and snubbed shoes.  But, socks get lost and for girls they are soooooooooo PINK.
I want to have something neutral that baby girl can wear and keep her itty bitty toes warm.

And then I stumbled upon Whimsy Couture's Fleece Bootie pattern download (while it was free no less - score for me!).  YIPPEE!!!  The pattern is for a knee high boot that can be folded down for a shorter boot look.  I decided to use the fold line as the top length for this first pair of boots.  I used a sweater of the boys from last year because it is such a yummy warm fuzzy fabric.  I also liked the tan - reminds me of Uggs.
Before
After


They turned out so cute - I can't wait to make more.  Now I just need to figure out a simple embelishment... they are a little too simple at the moment.  I think a little pair made of fur would be sooooo cute!

One of the best things about this pattern is that it goes up to a size 5T, I'll be making boots for years to come!

*Baby Girl still pulls them off, but they are easy to slip right back on - I need to take a picture of them on her ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment